Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions – JANUARY 2020
The Terms and Conditions set out below form a contract between the student and The Norwich School of Beauty.
Students agree to disclose any health or medical condition at time of enrolment, which will be dealt with in strictest confidence.
- Students must notify the school of any changes to health or contact details during their course.
- Students agree that the email address provided to the school will be the primary contact method for all written communications. Upon commencement of the course, students will also be added into a Facebook group with their tutor and fellow students and agree to check notifications and posts made within the group. This will also be a primary source of contact.
- Students agree to have their photo taken during classes for use in marketing materials by the school.
- Students agree to abide by the school’s Code of Ethics, Conduct and Practice. This is designed to encourage integrity and responsibility whilst studying at the school, and to ensure students leaving the school uphold and further the standard of professional therapists and the school. This Code may form the basis for discussion in the event of a complaint against a student or staff. The school will provide a copy of the Code upon request.
- Students agree that the school premises is subject to change at any time and if the school is to change premises students are still subject to the usual terms and conditions and not entitled to a refund.
Fees & Charges
All course fees including deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. All course fees, including any additional costs (i.e. optional extras), must be paid in line with the payment schedule on the first invoice emailed to you (if paying via monthly instalments). For any late payments there is a charge of £50 for each month the payment is missed.
- If the course is not paid in full 1 week before you are due to take your exam, you will not be entered for your exam.
- Students must attend all scheduled sessions. Upon enrolment students are fully responsible for their own scheduled course attendance and full awareness that the course is strictly non-refundable under no circumstances. Pre-arranged time off must be agreed in advance with the Principal. Where any classes are missed a catch-up lesson with the tutor must be arranged at a cost of £25 per hour, payable by the student, in cash to the tutor. If possible, for students to attend an alternative scheduled lesson to catch up on missed training this will cost £15 per hour payable by the student on the day in cash.
- Students will need to order their own course textbook and bespoke kit, as per the course welcome letter. T-Shirts are included in the cost of the course (EXCLUDING Beauty Therapy students who will need to purchase a tunic).
- Should a student fail to attend or complete a confirmed course for any reason, other than the unlikely event that the course is cancelled by the school, no refund of paid fees will be made, and any outstanding course fees must still be paid by the student in full.
- All students must obtain student insurance ready for the 1st lesson.
Attendance & Uniform
Students with less than 90% attendance may not be included in exams and may be asked to leave the course.
- Students must be punctual and arrive 10-15 minutes early for all scheduled sessions and 30minutes early for the first lesson.
- Students must bring a laptop or tablet with up to date settings (to access school materials), textbook, kit and equipment (where applicable) to all scheduled sessions.
- Students must adhere to the code of appearance. This includes black full-length trousers or knee length skirt, black beauty tunic or school t-shirt (Beauty Therapy students must wear a tunic), hair neatly tied back off the face (not in a ponytail), short clean nails without varnish. For health and safety reasons students are only permitted to wear a wedding band and one small pair of stud earrings.
- Students uniform must be clean, smart, safe and practical.
Students must ensure they are able to give and receive treatments as part of their practical training. The only exception to this is Individual Eyelash Extensions.
- Students must arrange for models to attend practical training sessions at the school where required in the scheme of work. Models will be swapped around in class. Failure to provide a model will mean the student is unable to participate in the class and may have to arrange a catch-up session please see no.8.
- Students must notify the school with at least 24 hours’ notice if they require the school to find them a model, at a cost of £15 payable by the student. This money is paid to the school’s charity of the year.
- Students must adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by not uploading images of models to social media without the model’s permission. Students must only use model’s initials, not names, as part of their written treatment evidence work.
- Clients must be treated fairly and without discrimination.
Treatment Evidence & Homework
Students must ensure all work, including treatment evidence and homework, is completed by themselves, on a computer, on time and to the best of their ability. If homework and case studies are not completed then you may need to have a catch up session to complete this. See no.8 for fees.
- Final treatment evidence must be submitted for marking at least one week before the final examination date. Late submissions will be admitted at the discretion of the Tutor.
- Students must respect information in the course of the treatment evidence, except where disclosure is required by law.
- Students must practice only within the limits of their training and competency both inside and outside of the classroom.
Respect & Attitudes
Students and staff must conduct themselves in an honourable, moral, positive and professional manner at all times during class and when representing the school.
- If you have any concerns you must notify the principal in writing or in person ASAP.
- Students and staff must work in a cooperative and respectful manner with other students, models and members of staff at all times.
- Students and staff must not speak or write disrespectfully of other students or members of staff either publicly or to other students or staff.
- Students and staff must ensure phones are not used during lessons except in circumstances where permission is given by the tutor or the Principal.
The Norwich School of Beauty contracts to:
Provide a professionally accredited course.
- Provide a suitable venue, safe equipment, and adequate teaching and guidance for all students without prejudice and agree times when the tutor will be available for contact outside of classes.
- Enter students for examinations when all course requirements have been fulfilled, support and prepare students for exams, and notify students of their results within 8 weeks of the final exam date.
- Maintain punctuality for each scheduled session, and to not rearrange scheduled sessions without prior negotiation and agreement (unless due to illness or adverse weather conditions).
The primary concern of the school is to protect the students, staff and public from any of the following;
Conduct deemed likely to bring the school, it’s staff or students, or ITEC into disrepute.
- Conduct deemed likely to be to the detriment of students, clients or staff, including causing disruption during classes.
- Any breach of the school’s Terms and Conditions, or Code of Ethics, Conduct and Practice.
- Criminal offences involving dishonesty, indecency, violence, drugs or alcohol.
- If any of the above are brought to the attention of the Principal, after due consideration the Principal may decide to enforce a warning letter, instant dismissal, or referral to the awarding body or the police.